The Team Tugman Advantage
Team Tugman offers the best technical coaching in the state of Connecticut. Drawing on Coach Blair Tugman’s vast experience from his high school and college wrestling career, through his career as a professional MMA fighter, he provides outstanding technique instruction, while also developing the whole athlete.
Team Tugman draws wrestlers of all ages and abilities from all over Connecticut as well as surrounding areas. If you have never wrestled before, or you are experienced and want that extra “something” to break through to that next level, then Team Tugman is your first choice.
At least one state champion trains with Blair every year.
YOU COULD BE NEXT!
- Over 30 years of wrestling experience
- Head Coach Hamden Hall Country Day School 2017-2019
- Assistant Coach Wesleyan University 2012-2016
- Head Coach Daniel Hand High School 2010-2011(25-1, SCC Group A Champions, SCC Tournament 2nd, Class L State 2nd, State Open 2nd, New England Championship 3rd)
- Wrestled DI at Lock Haven University
- AAU Freestyle Grand National Champion(2001)
- 4X NJ Freestyle High School State Champion
- 3X NJ Scholastic High School State Place Finisher
- 4X NJ Scholastic High School Region Place Finisher
- 1X NJ Scholastic High School Region Champion
- 4X NJ Scholastic High School District Champion
Got what it takes to be the best?
The Team Tugman Mission:
Team Tugman strives to develop well-trained and highly skilled athletes who become champions both on and off the mat.
We believe that young athletes can become proficient wrestlers if they work hard and develop a desire for greatness. By joining Team Tugman, girls and boys from kindergarten through high school will be provided with the opportunity to learn the sport of wrestling properly. Through the development of match skills, mental toughness, and wrestling savvy, they’ll gain the confidence necessary to take on any opponent.