Southern Regional High School, Manahawkin, New Jersey
January 17, 2023 – On Sunday, January 15th, TTWC attended the Ram Tough Tournament hosted by Southern Regional High School in Manahawkin, New Jersey. As the Club heads into the heart of its season, Coach Tugman was anxious to get his athletes some different competition and different wrestling styles. Having grown up in New Jersey, and having wrestled himself many times at Southern Regional, Coach Tugman decided it was the perfect opportunity to see where the team’s intensity and skill level stood. Our wrestlers did not disappoint!
TTWC entered 16 wrestlers in the event, with 14 coming home after having stood on the podium, including 8 gold medals. Coach Tugman was pleased with the Team’s showing.
“New Jersey is a different level of competition. I really didn’t know how we would do but I knew we would compete hard. Not only did we compete hard, but we won a lot of matches. We wrestled well, with intelligence and attitude. I am very excited to see that effort translate to Tulsa Nationals and Wildwood National Duals. Our ceiling is unlimited.”
Up Next. TTWC’s next competes at two events the weekend of January 21st.
- Tulsa Nationals, January 20 – 22, 2023 – The Club is sending 7 wrestlers to the Tulsa Nationals in Tulsa, Oklahoma. TTWC wrestlers competing in Tulsa include: Chase Kastner, Logan Bailey, Jaxsen Bailey, Chris Weiner, Joey Cotter, Jackson Robles, and Dawson McGrath. Tulsa, one of the toughest youth tournaments in the U.S., will present a big challenge for this group. Coach Tugman, however, is confident that they can compete and thrive. “This group of kids is special. They want to compete with the best to see where they stack up. I have complete confidence that not only will they meet the challenge but will have success.” We wish all of them the best of luck!!
- Trojan Style Classic, January 22, 2023 – Those wrestlers not competing at Tulsa will wrestle in the Trojan Style Classic at Simsbury High School.
Our “happy” crew after taking 8 of 16 possible 1st Place Medals. Cheer up guys! You did great!
- Max Konopka – Gold
- Jaxson Konopka – Gold
- Tristan Rosenschein – Gold
- Chad Reed – Gold
- Dawson McGrath – Gold (3x)
- Chase Kastner – Gold
- Chris Weiner – Gold
- Jasmin Weiner – Gold
- Jackson Robles – Silver
- Robert Sommers – Silver
- Joey Cotter – Silver
- Cecilia Verrilli – Silver
- Keegan Rosenschein – Silver
- Max Malitsky – Bronze